JOB TITLE: Project Engineer - Highway
DEPARTMENT: Infrastructure Services
FSLA STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Department Manager
OFFICE: Cherry Hill, NJ
INTRODUCTION: Remington & Vernick Engineers (RVE) is a full-service engineering firm of approximately 300 professionals with offices in 4 states including NJ, PA, DE, and MD. RVE has a strong presence in PA with offices in Pittsburgh and Conshohocken. The Pittsburgh Office is in need of qualified professionals to expand our services. This position is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to develop their professional career in a dynamic, growing firm.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Project Engineer – Highway is a mid-level professional with 5-10 years of experience. This individual will provide engineering services on all phases of an assigned project under the supervision of the Department Manager.
- Perform and/or oversee roadway design including PennDOT Plan Preparation, Quantity Calculations, Specifications, Construction Estimates (using AUTOtab), and design and construction schedules.
- Prepare designs in accordance with PennDOT Criteria including vertical and horizontal geometry, drainage, erosion & sedimentation control, maintenance on protection of traffic and signing/ pavement markings.
- Responsible for scope, schedule and budget adherence to assigned tasks.
- Operate under limited supervision.
- Experience working with one or more of the PennDOT Districts.
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission experience.
- Experience working with one or more PA Counties (Counties in the Pittsburgh region a plus).
- Knowledge in Microstation and proficiency in Microstation Inroads.
- Good communication skills and willing to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Auto Tab, ASTA Power Project (scheduling).
- Knowledge of PennDOT design process including Design Manuals 1-5.
- Knowledge of Storm Water Management (SWM) design.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- Professional Engineer (PE) License Required, Pennsylvania
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in the field and may be exposed to outside weather conditions. Work requires frequent and prolonged computer use. May occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all qualified, interested parties, regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under national or local law.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.